Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

12 month old CMPI starting nursery. Advice needed re drinks

(10 Posts)
northerngoldilocks Mon 03-Mar-14 16:15:27

DD is bf and has CMPI (and soy). She's starting nursery and I'm wondering what to do re drinks. I'll still bf morning and night (and during the night when she wakes) but wondering what to say to nursery.

Option 1 is for her to just have water

Option 2 is to give her a substitute. She has oatly on cereal and is fine with this so wondered about it for a drink. Know it's not ideal for under 2s as lower fat than say whole cows milk, but if the alternative were water would oatly be ok? (Bearing in mind that she's still bf too)

Option 3 is trying the aptimil pepti 1 from the gp but we haven't yet so I'm not keen to send her with this

Appreciate any advice

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 03-Mar-14 16:19:40

Alpro junior plus?
Koko

Tbh it's one drink a day at nursery so water or any substitute will be fine.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 03-Mar-14 16:20:20

Oh sorry just saw the soya blush

noblegiraffe Mon 03-Mar-14 16:24:58

I'd say just water. Less chance of the milks getting confused.

FruitbatAuntie Mon 03-Mar-14 17:02:29

I would also go with just water. Tbh at my DS's nursery, they generally only give water anyway (in addition to milk, which parents supply anyway so no probs with them giving the wrong thing). It was the same at DS1's nursery a few years ago.

northerngoldilocks Mon 03-Mar-14 21:32:51

Thanks - I know that they'll give whatever I ask and I have no concerns re mix ups - it's a great nursery and my son went there too so know it well. I was just not sure if it was better to offer water so that she doesn't fill up on lower fat drinks (eg oatly) rather then eating food, or if it doesn't matter (especially as the snacks they have are either fruit or ricecake type things anyway)

northerngoldilocks Mon 03-Mar-14 21:35:12

Also - might have been unclear - they'll give her water with meals / snacks. It's just more whether she will need some milk of some sort too and if so what that should be.

DS had formula in the afternoon (was also bf outside nursery hours) so I'm less sure what to do re DD

noblegiraffe Mon 03-Mar-14 22:27:13

My DD hasn't had milk in the daytime when at the childminder since she was 11.5 months. By a year, morning and evening feeds are usual, they don't need milk in the day.

trixymalixy Tue 04-Mar-14 09:04:41

DS had oat milk at nursery during the day. I bf him morning and evening. Don't think you'll need formula if you are still bfding him.

northerngoldilocks Tue 04-Mar-14 18:13:59

Thanks everyone
Will see how she goes with water then try something else if needed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now