Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone tell me if they think this is a milk intolerance / allergy ??

(4 Posts)
Chocamochalatte Tue 25-Feb-14 21:20:51

DS age 13 loves milk but can not drink it by its self otherwise his throat hurts, he gets a husky voice, however if he has milk on cereal it's fine

Something I find strange, vanilla ice cream is ok but flavoured ice cream and ice cream based milkshakes ie Mcdonalds does the same...

When he was a baby he had what we called 'breathing episodes' basically had extreme trouble breathing, lips went blue, as he got older lost his voice and 'grabbed' his throat etc... This never happened in front of a doctor and was incredibly scary. He was put on a heart monitor and had a camera put down to investigate, 'nothing' was found Doctors said he'd grow out of 'it' whatever 'it' was - they could never say...

It's only as DS as got older and notices these things himself and explains them to me that we realise it's connected. Where do we go from here? Does it sound like an intolerance?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 26-Feb-14 13:22:27

It could be, sounds like he could perhaps benefit from allergy testing. Have you heard of cows milk protein allergy or intolerance?

Chocamochalatte Wed 26-Feb-14 21:36:04

I've vaguely heard of it, would he need to see a GP or is there a home testing kit or do health shops do a test?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Feb-14 12:03:23

I went to the GP after reading about it here. Was also referred to a dietician.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now