Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

reflux and milk protein allergy

(4 Posts)
kimmiekins Tue 11-Feb-14 14:28:12

Hi..I have a 8month old daughter who has silent reflux and milk protein allergy. She was diagnosed at 5 weeks old and to be honest the last 7months have been a blur. The allergy is definitely under control and she is on reflux meds.. but she is constantly windy and sick sge has very little sleep as it is interrupted by stomach contents being thrown up into her throat . Does anyone have this problem or have had it and can rell me if it gets better??

Pobblewhohasnotoes Tue 11-Feb-14 15:16:04

What meds is she on? If it's ranitidine it needs to be increased with weight. If she's still suffering she may not be on the right medication. Have you tilted her cot mattress up?

Waltonswatcher1 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:13:24

What about other allergies or intolerances ?
Soya or egg ...
My daughter came off the reflux med at 18 mth but still needs the bed propped up . Does your little one hiccup lots?

Superworm Tue 11-Feb-14 21:11:59

What milk is she on? Agree meds should be increased as weight increases. DS was switched to omeprazole at around a year as his hit worse for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now