Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy and gluten free cupcakes

(8 Posts)
melonribena Sun 02-Feb-14 21:28:38

I made dairy and gluten free cupcakes tonight for a toddler group tomorrow, containing a lady with a gluten intolerance and a dairy allergy, and my own dairy allergic ds.

They are surprisingly nice! I used gluten free flour, vitalite, glacé icing and dairy free choc buttons on top.

Its the usual 4,4,4 and 2 recipe that's standard for fairy cakes. I. An highly recommend them!

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 04-Feb-14 02:38:30

Do you have a recipe for egg free cakes please? I don't know where to start aa my toddler group is egg free aswell as gluten & diary free.

harverina Tue 04-Feb-14 08:31:02

This is a good egg/dairy free cake. We have made cupcakes and late birthday cake versions of it and it works well. The glaze is delicious grin

http://m.instructables.com/id/The-BEST-chococlate-cake-ever...that-happens-to-be/

UriGeller Tue 04-Feb-14 08:34:19

You can use half a banana as a substitute for one egg, doesn't taste too banana-ey either.

harverina Tue 04-Feb-14 09:30:59

Sorry can't get link to work properly on my phone. Google the best chocolate cake ever that happens to be vegan and it will be at the top. It's delicious and was recommended to me on here grin

melonribena Tue 04-Feb-14 22:37:25

My ds is growing out of his egg allergy and can now tolerate it cooked in cake. For his first birthday cake I made it egg and dairy free by using golden syrup instead of eggs. I'll find the recipe for u

melonribena Tue 04-Feb-14 22:47:09

I can't link but if you google the bbc good food recipe for egg free simple sponge cake, it will come up. I used vitalite and soya milk as substitutes and also used the vitalite to make buttercream as well. It was yummy!

Waltonswatcher1 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:00:25

The Doves Gluten Free Flour has a great recipe on the packet for soya dairy egg nut wheat gluten free diets.
It's the flour, sugar,ripe banana, vanilla and oil .
It says sunflower oil but I use olive oil instead . This makes great buns or a cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now