Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you take Gluten Free products abroad on holiday?

(5 Posts)
RnB Wed 31-May-06 08:20:32

Message withdrawn

LIZS Wed 31-May-06 08:50:33

May depend on where you ar going but probably ok in a suitcase. You can generally get similar abroad if you know where to go though - a local health food shop should have them if supermarket doesn't.

smoggie Wed 31-May-06 12:48:39

Hi - I've just returned from Menorca and took a small suitcase with all of ds's food - ds1 has milk allergy and ds1 has egg and nut allergy so I had to take milk powder, soya milk, organix snacks, rice cakes, pureed fruits etc. I put it through with the main luggage as it was quite heavy. You should be absolutely fine, but I'd put it in with the lugage for the hold rather than as hand luggage just so that you don't have the hassle of them potentially spotting it and wanting to open up bags to check. Have a lovely time.

Laura032004 Wed 31-May-06 13:16:32

I've always taken ds's food with us. I tend to put it in hand luggage if it's heavy so as not to use too much of the luggage allowance. However, they often weigh that as well now! I'd err on the side of caution and take sealed packets if possible.

RnB Thu 01-Jun-06 10:28:24

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: