Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Aqueous cream

(16 Posts)
TheLadyVanishes Mon 29-May-06 18:17:19

does anyone else think its crap, dd has eczema and horrid dry patches all over her body, firstly we were prescribed steriods and then aveeno cream and then aqueous cream which i don't think is doing any good at all. I'm tempted to take dd back to docs this week and some of the patches look very red and angry, is eczema diet related??

misdee Mon 29-May-06 18:19:50

aquous cream is cr*p.

have you been given any bath stuff at all?

eczema can be diet related, but not always.

TheLadyVanishes Mon 29-May-06 18:25:36

no but its says on the tube it can be used in the bath (still crap when we do that tho) think i'm going back to the gp for sure now

Twiglett Mon 29-May-06 18:26:05

acqueous cream can make excema worse in 50% of cases .. sorry

Twiglett Mon 29-May-06 18:26:26

'scuse terrible spelling

misdee Mon 29-May-06 18:33:33

dd1 reacts to aquous cream. also to e45, oilatum cream. doesnt react to dermol500 lotion. she reacts to creams, but lotions and ointments work well for her. dd2 gets ion better with creams. tonight is 1st nigth of treating dd3's eczema which flared last night, so will let you know how that goes.

TwoToTango Mon 29-May-06 18:39:50

ds gets quite mild eczema - acqueous cream absolutely no good. I put oilatum ointment in his bath and use Hydrous ointment to keep keep moisturised.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 29-May-06 18:55:24

Aqueous cream doesn't suit all excema - makes my dd's much worse.

Marne Mon 29-May-06 19:08:21

It made my dd's worse, it does'nt suit all skins.

lapsedrunner Mon 29-May-06 19:11:56

Try Aveeno (cream , lotion, bath stuff). It is based on colloidal oatmeal and is great for eczema (available in Boots).

beansontoast Mon 29-May-06 19:40:46

yeah absolute crap...def made ds worse.

another vote for aveeno...just the cream really.i didnt bath ds much atall,beacuse nothing in my experience can counter th drying effects of water.

ds is three in sept and his mild eczema is no bother now.

i know all eczemas are very different but id say stay out of the bath and stay away from wipes and all products ...hpoallergenic or not.

(err just incase i sound a bit ranty...im feeling very pro mumsnet at the moment,having recently got great support and advice ,so am posting left right and centre )

chocolateshoes Mon 29-May-06 19:42:59

Me too saying the same thing! Aqueous made it much worse, Aveeno made it much better.

TheLadyVanishes Mon 29-May-06 19:47:36

BOT have been meaning to post on your thread but i really didn't know what to say sorry, my thought are with your family tho (hugs) and now back to ezcema

have to say i do prefer the aveeno so maybe will ask for the bath stuff too, feel cheeky tho asking for all this stuff (mat excemption runs out end june)

chocolateshoes Mon 29-May-06 19:51:36

I have also been adding a capsule of flax seed oil to DS's food & that seems to work well. His excema is def much better at the moment but may also be because we don't need the heating on now.

misdee Mon 29-May-06 19:54:12

your childs perscription will be free anyway. dont be feeling guilty. i once totted up the costs of dd1 eczema stuff for a fortnight (when she was really really bad) and it was over £80 worth of creams, lotions etc.

tegan Mon 29-May-06 20:03:09

My girls used to have aqueous cream but it is useless now dd1 has doublebase, elidel, clotrimazole and diprobase creams all depending on how bad it is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: