Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone with a recipe for making white sauce with Oatly?

(7 Posts)
MadMonkeys Wed 22-May-13 21:28:00

DD2 is cmpi and suspected soya intolerant (that's the next thing to try her with, but she reacted when she had soya by accident). She is 8mo so can't have rice milk and haven't tried almond or coconut milk yet...

So how do I make a white sauce for her with Oatly (milk or cream, I have both)? It's to go in a lasagne.

QuintessentialOldDear Thu 23-May-13 14:14:00

Can you do it in the same way as you otherwise would, and just substitute the milk with the Oatley? I have never tried it in a sauce, but know you can cook with it as I used it in mashed potatoes when cooking for my dairy intolerant friend. I would just use the milk rather than the cream.

Maz007 Thu 23-May-13 15:39:15

Yes, just like you would with milk - roux with DF marg and flour then add oatly. I've never made it with cream but have read others on this who recommend it as it makes it more, erm, creamy smile. It looks an unattractive yellowy colour but isn't bad really. We use it lots for lasagne, chicken pies etc.

janey223 Thu 23-May-13 15:58:04

I've used this recipe with oatly.

http://cowsmilkproteinallergysupport.webs.com/recipe pdf 3/White Sauce-signed.pdf

trixymalixy Thu 23-May-13 21:26:11

Yes, I make a roux and add Oatly just as you would normal milk. Koko milk also makes a good dairy free white sauce.

MERLYPUSS Fri 24-May-13 12:08:36

Just thicken the milk with cornflour. Or make a roux using olive oil and flour instead of butter.

MadMonkeys Tue 28-May-13 20:46:27

Thanks everyone, great tips smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now