Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asthma help.. DS1 reasonably newly diagnosed with asthma and it seems hayfever is making him worse

(6 Posts)
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sun 12-May-13 17:22:37

What should I try?
He has taken 2 puffs of ventolin 3 times already today
I have given him clarytin.
He is still having issues breathing in and out without coughing

any idea's?

sibleymum Sun 12-May-13 23:33:26

Could try breathing in a steamy room. I used to run the shower til the bathroom was steamy and sit him in there for a bit, like they do for croop. Does he have a brown inhaler? Don't be afraid to go back to doc.

ukey Sun 12-May-13 23:55:51

ask for an asthma plan if you don't already have one. does he have a preventer inhaler too?

ukey Sun 12-May-13 23:58:48

have you tried multi dosing? if ventolin isn't lasting 4 hours he needs to be seen, If at all worried about his breathing take him to a&e or call 999 if things take a turn for the worse.

watch out for tummy breathing, no breath to walk talk play as usual etc.

TheSecondComing Mon 13-May-13 00:04:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Mon 13-May-13 08:34:40

thanks everyone.
went off script last night and after a warm ribena and holding the cup to his mouth so he breathed the steam in, a long steamy bath and 5 puffs he settled enough to get to sleep. But he was awake for alot of the night.

Am going to call the surgery today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now