Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how do you find out if milk intolerance is lactose or milk protein A2 or also soya?

(4 Posts)
bumbleandbumble Tue 16-Apr-13 21:57:25

I think my daughter has some problems with dairy. she also has eczema and diaherrea when she has too much dairy. But not allergic...without the support of my GP who dismissed all my 'evidence'...how do you isolate the problem. I cannot go entirely diary free as she is only 18 months and still has 12 oz of formula a day...??

any suggestions?

chocoluvva Tue 16-Apr-13 22:26:08

Try her on 'Lactofree' products?

MrsShrek3 Tue 16-Apr-13 22:27:25

what choco said smile

Cravingdairy Tue 16-Apr-13 22:38:15

I have heard that lactose intolerance is rare in infants and usually develops later. Is there a different GP at your practice who might be more helpful and could refer you to a dietician? Does your daughter react to the formula or is it just when she has had additional dairy? Has she always had reactions? Lactofree is lovely but no good for CMPI if that's what it is sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now