Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it an allergy?

(4 Posts)
MoRaw Mon 22-Oct-12 21:20:21

My son has a suspected diary allergy since he was born. He was put on and lately Aptamil Peptid.

However, he has never been tested for allergy.

I began giving him diary products when he was about 8 months. However, for the past few weeks, he has been suffering from nasal congestion and phlegm particularly at nights. I am wondering whether it is because of the introduction of diary. This did not begin immediately after trialling diary products but I notice that it has been about 4-5 weeks and he has nasal congestion and phlegm in the throat that simply won't go away. I should note that he had a cold about 5 weeks ago.

Do you think this is an allergy response or perhaps he is still recovering from the cold 5 weeks on?

babybarrister Mon 22-Oct-12 21:29:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OHforDUCKScake Tue 23-Oct-12 07:27:36

I could be either. Annoyingly!

My eldest has had a cold for nearly two months now. Colds are rife.

Yet Ive heard a few times about dairy being reintroduced and after a while the body responds with congestion (and often wheezing). It'll likely get worse if it is that.

I guess the only way to tell is take it off him again for a few weeks.

What were his orginal allergic symptoms?
How old is he now?

OHforDUCKScake Tue 23-Oct-12 07:29:06

Tbh testing wont always be clear.

My baby recently had a result come back to say he was highly allergic to soya. Yet ate soya the day of the test and was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now