Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mumsnet product tests

(13 Posts)
babybarrister Thu 18-Oct-12 13:33:01

Can I ask you all to have a look on that board as MN have accepted an advert for a2 milk which is apparently suitable for the dairy intolerant hmm
what are everyone's thoughts as it seems to me to be very irresponsible product placement without some proper input by the Anaphylaxis Campaign and Allergy UK

freefrommum Thu 18-Oct-12 14:07:28

I've seconded your comments on the thread.

babybarrister Thu 18-Oct-12 15:38:32

I have reported this to the Anaphylaxis Campaignangry

greenbananas Thu 18-Oct-12 18:29:42

I've added my halfpennyworth as well.

It worries me that some respondents have said the milk would be 'perfect' for them because their DCs have asthma and eczema which is made worse by ordinary cow's milk. Both asthma and eczema are atopic conditions, right? So their DCs are at risk of an allergic reaction?

We all know how difficult the road to diagnosis can be. I am already fed up of well-meaning family and friends saying we should try the lacto-free milk in the supermarkets. I know they are talking rubbish so I just nod and smile. But... can you imagine how dangerous it could be if a mum who has a baby with allergic symptoms is pressured into trying this A2 stuff?

babybarrister Thu 18-Oct-12 20:45:39

MN have got this one so wrong - they made no enquiries with Anaphylaxis Campaign before accepting ad - AC have the most professional clinical and scientific panelhmm

WereTricksPotter Thu 18-Oct-12 20:57:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eragon Thu 18-Oct-12 22:14:14

have added my thoughts. thank you for bringing this to light.

babybarrister Fri 19-Oct-12 07:18:53

Let's keep the pressure upgrin

babybarrister Sat 20-Oct-12 21:21:07

Seemed to do trick grin

freefrommum Sun 21-Oct-12 18:59:55

Orange cape moment I feel grin

babybarrister Sun 21-Oct-12 20:55:48

Definitely gringringrin ps I have now written my letter before action re the milk in the fruit juice incident and am waiting to see what the restaurants insurers come up with - otherwise there may be another orange cape moment!!!

babybarrister Mon 22-Oct-12 17:05:56

Anaphylaxis Campaign have now also commented bear

trixymalixy Mon 22-Oct-12 20:37:52

Good work guys grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now