Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where can I buy a good epipen case?

(8 Posts)
TettyLouBar Mon 15-Oct-12 14:03:42

Hello,
I want a nice sturdy case for the epipens my daughter has to carry around. They all seem to be around £15-£25, is this the going rate?

I'm thinking of buying one for home and one for the school set that they hold.

Can anyone recommend anywhere on line that sells good ones?

freefrommum Mon 15-Oct-12 14:22:05

We bought tough tubes and case from www.yellowcross.co.uk and they are very good. We have the small case big enough for 2 epi-pens in tough tubes but they do a bigger case that you can put other meds in like antihistamine & inhalers & I think they also do bumbags.

Baffledandbewildered Mon 15-Oct-12 17:42:41

Got mine off the epi pen site . Can remember how much but defiantly under a fiver. Also proved to be dog proof ! Oops

babybarrister Mon 15-Oct-12 18:54:39

I second yellow cross - v good

Maz007 Wed 17-Oct-12 04:54:10

I really like medpac
We use them for antihistamines and asthma inhaler so don't know how they'd be with epipen. They are marketed for them
though. School like them as the photo on the side makes finding them quickly easy and they're cheaper than the ones you've found by the sounds of it. The small size takes a bottle of piriton or an inhaler including a spacer if I take it apart.

Mummymedpac Wed 07-Nov-12 08:32:30

I think the Medpacs are great and very affordable but then I did design them!! When my daughter was diagnosed with Epilepsy and my godson developed a nut allergy we searched for a suitable bag that was affordable and hard wearing. When I could not find one I designed Medpac for the job and as each bags displays a photo ID card on the outside you know that your child will always recieve their own medicine in an emergency, check them out at www.medpac.co.uk and let me know what you think!

Maz007 Thu 08-Nov-12 03:14:22

Wow! Clever you mummymedpac We have bought quite a few and dotted them about with various childcare providers as well as always carrying one in my bag. Love 'em!

girlsyearapart Thu 08-Nov-12 04:09:36

We keep ours in a kind of lunch box/tupperware that clicks shut.

Not sophisticated at all.. Will look at medpac

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now