Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

GF pizza now at Pizza Hut !

(13 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Thu 11-Oct-12 18:53:30

And its square shaped, so you know you've got the gf one. I was worried that it would be contaminated, but a super sensitive friend had one last night and was OK, so may be promising. The BBQ sauce dip is not gf as advertised, but is listed in the allergy list as low gluten whatever that means.

We may venture to PH for the first time in aeons as ds likes the salad bar and ice cream factory, but I objected to just having salad

SeveredEdMcDunnough Thu 11-Oct-12 19:04:54

Thankyou! I will pass it on! smile

We tried making one the other week (friend with coeliac child) and it was Ok (doves farm flour) but a bit, hmm, well.

I wonder if the Pizza Hut one is more 'normal'!

freefrommum Thu 11-Oct-12 19:13:22

Coeliac UK have worked with Pizza Hut to develop the new gf pizzas but also to train their staff on preparing them eg avoiding cross-contamination etc. They have done the same with Domino's Pizza who will be launching the UK's 1st gf pizza delivery in November I believe.

CMOTDibbler Thu 11-Oct-12 19:17:35

Severed - according to friend, it was really tasty.

Dominos would be great - I feel like such a wet blanket when there are people round and they all fancy pizza

Seriouslysleepdeprived Thu 11-Oct-12 21:30:15

Ooh how exciting! Not had pizza in years smile

tkband3 Fri 12-Oct-12 14:36:45

And I've just seen they have g-f pizza at prezzo too grin

WitchesTitWhistles Fri 12-Oct-12 14:38:56

NO WAAAYYY?!

I am beyond excited about this, I LOVE PIZZA!!

megandraper Mon 15-Oct-12 14:02:14

Went to Pizza Hut on Saturday with my coeliac children - we all ate the g-f pizza and it was very good. The staff were pretty clued-up as well. I felt pretty relaxed about it all (very unusual when eating out with my coeliac kids!)

No symptoms afterwards, so seems to have been very successful. And fantastic to know that you can just turn up to a Pizza Hut anywhere in any town and eat, without all the phoning in advance and discussion that's usually necessary! Haven't eaten at Pizza Hut for about 20 years, but it looks like it may now become a regular haunt.

freefrommum Mon 15-Oct-12 14:23:27

That's great to hear bedhopper, thanks for sharing your experience. Might give it a go with my coeliac DD soon!

megandraper Mon 15-Oct-12 15:20:47

They make their gf pizzas square, so no danger of mixing them up with a standard one. And also means the baking tins can't get mixed up either. A very clever idea!

Seriouslysleepdeprived Mon 15-Oct-12 16:50:54

I'm very excited about this!! I tend to trust the big chains more as they seem to have better protocols in place. I never get glutened in nandos etc but would in the local gastro pub. I miss pizza too so perfect!

nottersgotterdog Mon 15-Oct-12 16:53:21

Pizza Express have missed a big trick on this one - particularly since they did all that research with us!

tkband3 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:56:42

I agree re Pizza Express - although I can't believe they'll be far behind...

It's a shame that none of the chains have managed both g-f pizza and pasta - you have to choose a restaurant to have one or the other...

Still, it's a big step and I shouldn't complain really smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now