Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

BF my cow's milk protein intolerant ds

(6 Posts)
lucylookout Fri 05-Oct-12 19:14:24

DS is 12 weeks and CMPI. I gave up dairy about a month ago, but am wondering if I can eat goat's cheese without upsetting his tummy?

Sal41 Fri 05-Oct-12 19:41:53

Hiya, sorry no you can't eat goat or ewe's milk as the proteins are so close to cow's milk. My son's 12 months and cmpi and i've forgotten what cheese tastes like!

lucylookout Fri 05-Oct-12 19:45:58

Damn! I'm craving a mocha too, but think a caffeine/dairy/soya free one would be pointless smile

Happygirl77 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:38:12

Hi! The answer is probably not sad but some with dairy intolerance/allergies can tolerate sheep and goat milk products. It's the same reason why so many (up to 60%) cmpi babies cannot tolerate soy protein: their bodies cannot tell the difference so react the same to both proteins.

Also bf dairy and soya allergic 9mo, 7 months dairy and soya free here!

You could make mocha with half black coffee and half tinned hot choc/cocoa which is dairy/soya free (yes they exist) and top up with Oatly/Rice Dream/milk alternative of choice.smile

DameFannyGallopsAtaGhost Fri 05-Oct-12 20:39:10

Almond milk latte is rather yum

Lucky13 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:50:04

DD is also CMPI and slowly getting a little better as it was particularly severe. I was dairy free for a year while she was breastfed and missed all the yummy stuff too!

While she was tiny she couldn't tolerate goat or sheep products through me either and still can't eat them now (DD age 5). A few weeks back we tried buffalo milk and it was fine! We were so shocked as we just assumed that it was so similar to cow that it would be the same. I was also pleasantly surprised by the taste. Waitrose and Ocado sell it, if you want to give it a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now