Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Milk ran out!

(9 Posts)
Afsana1 Tue 02-Oct-12 21:53:17

My dd is on nutramigen aa, we are seeing the consultant on thur however her milk has ran out and the drs are b******s! Sorry but they really piss me off they keep questioning why get so much milk and why is she drinking loads. She is a big girl and needs at least 900g per week. I couldn't face seeing them as I know they will say wait for the consultant. I feel really bad but she hasn't reacted to it. Has any one ever had this situation? Thanx in advance xxx

Afsana1 Tue 02-Oct-12 21:54:38

I meant to say I have given her aptamil. Would you consider wysoy until thur?

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 02-Oct-12 22:08:22

Haven't got any experience sorry. Try posting in the breast and bottle section, you may get some more traffic.

elliebug Tue 02-Oct-12 22:11:45

I just kept going to gp and being annoying till they upped the quantity on the prescription, maybe ask hv to have a word or show them the bit on the tin that says a child of x months should have 5*8oz feeds in 24 hours? I can spare some aptamil pepti if you are in the humberside area!! Good luck!

elliebug Tue 02-Oct-12 22:25:59

And get the consultant to put in their letter to " please prescribe 4x900g and increase as needed" or something

Afsana1 Tue 02-Oct-12 22:39:54

Thank you so muchsmile I know the milk is expensive but it is the right one for her, her skin has cleared up she doesn't have any eczema left. Sometimes the drs piss me off so much I just want her on normal milk because you don't have to answer to anyone. She is 6 months and weighs about 20lb so big baby. I just hate asking for it. I will defiantly ask the consultant to write that down thanx xxxx

elliebug Thu 04-Oct-12 15:20:22

How did it go with the consultant?

Afsana1 Fri 05-Oct-12 08:31:03

Saw the consultant he was happy with her progress as her symptoms have gone. I did moan about the drs he said he would write to them. Thank you for asking smile

MrsSpencerReid Fri 05-Oct-12 17:11:07

oh good smile (have nc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now