Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Zizzi

(6 Posts)
babybarrister Sun 23-Sep-12 18:44:47

just like to big up Zizzi which I went to today with DS - anaphylactic to dairy, eggs, nuts, sesame, lentils, peas, mustard and poppy

DS had pizza ie dough p,us tomato sauce and toppings - worked v well!

stottiecake Sun 23-Sep-12 22:48:42

Brilliant! My ds is potentially anaphylactic to dairy and eggs so eating out is scary. But he loves pizza so this is great news!

thanks for sharing smile

PiggyMad Wed 26-Sep-12 19:41:28

I went in to Zizzi the other day, but only ended up with Tuscan potatoes and bruschetta and salad! That's all I could find on their allergy menu with no dairy. Does their douh not contain any?

Pizza Express do a dairy-free pizza and we went to Harvester the other day and they had quite a few bits on the dairy free menu (not much for me as I don't eat meat, unfortunately!).

babybarrister Wed 26-Sep-12 20:21:35

Zizzi dough is dairy free - we have it with Tom sauce and some. Ham

mintyneb Thu 27-Sep-12 12:34:13

I've never looked at their desert menu for DD but I do have a running issue with Zizzi over their childrens menu!

They offer spaghetti bolognese on both their adult and childrens menus but only have one entry in their allergy check list which says that the dish contains dairy. BUT, if you find a member of staff in the know, they'll tell you that the adults version contains dairy but not the childrens! I have had this confirmed at several branches and DD has always been fine eating there (she is anaphylactic to dairy so its not something we take lightly).

I am in touch with our local trading standards officer over something else and I mentioned this to them and they are going to investigate.

Also, take a look at their dietary menus on line. One of the dishes listed under 'dairy free' actually includes cream as one of the key ingredients confused.

We do like eating at Zizzis every now and then but things like this do put you off a bit

mintyneb Thu 27-Sep-12 12:35:23

oops think I was getting confused with another thread about desserts!! My other comments still stand though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now