Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pancake Syndrome - is this the most revolting allergy yet?!

(7 Posts)
babybarrister Sat 22-Oct-11 19:34:03

www.foodallergy-support.com/news-food-allergy.html

anaphylaxis to wheat mites anyone?!

IndigoSunshine Sat 22-Oct-11 20:19:20

Surely you realise your thread title sounds somewhat facetious? All allergies are serious, regardless of what to. I really don't think referring to Pancake Syndrome as 'revolting' is appropriate...I'm sure the woman who suffers from it wouldn't either. I'm not being harsh or abusive, I just think you should have used a better expression than 'revolting' smile

babybarrister Sat 22-Oct-11 20:22:55

Sorry - yes sounds harsh but I am not at all unsympathetic about the reaction and I entirely agree about the anaphylaxis [my DS anaphylactic to long list of things]

just the thought of ingesting mites ...

IndigoSunshine Sat 22-Oct-11 21:17:22

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a pleasant allergy! Lots of strange allergies out there though, imagine being allergic to sex shock Well, it's called human seminal plasma hypersensitivity, being allergic to semen. Poor women!

babybarrister Sat 22-Oct-11 21:22:14

sorry - it was just my misguided attempt at humour for the anaphylactics - let's face it there is not much to laugh at is there! do agree re semen though - bummer! do they do skin prick tests though?! grin

eragon Sun 23-Oct-11 00:01:08

i dont think anyone has a skin prick test for random semen allergies, normally they find out the hard way, and the extreme swelling and pain give it all away really......

its a nasty thing to react to , apparently.

I think latex allergy is not clearly presented in the media and education, what about those young people just starting out with sex, who have latex allergy? when all the advise is to use condoms? I mean, no thats not safe sex for the people with latex allergy is it?

babybarrister Sun 23-Oct-11 19:47:32

and also condoms have milk protein used in the production of the lubricant ....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now