Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

play dough and wheat allergy

(6 Posts)
mum2twoloudbabies Sun 09-Oct-11 22:02:43

DS is allergic to wheat (amongst other things) and I have just discovered that branded play dough has an allergy warning for wheat, however having checked DDs elc soft stuff play dough that there isn't a warning on it. Have checked their website and can't find anything on there. Does anybody know if the ELC soft stuff is wheat free? If it isn't can anybody recommend one that is?

Panzee Sun 09-Oct-11 22:05:09

Sorry I'm a bit dense about allergies (apart from my own!) Is it contact allergy or just when he eats it? It's unlikely that he will eat it because it tastes so foul.

Is it the gluten? You could try making play dough with gluten free flour. Although it might turn out a bit different.

notapizzaeater Mon 10-Oct-11 11:18:24

My son got glutened at school using play doh - will be back in a few mins with a recipe .....

notapizzaeater Mon 10-Oct-11 11:26:23

Lots of recipes here :

coeliac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=misc&action=display&thread=1387

mum2twoloudbabies Mon 10-Oct-11 21:43:15

thanks. not gluten just wheat and yes on contact too unfortunately. will have a look at the recipes.

I did vow I would never be a mummy who makes her own play dough, damn it. Another parenting thing I wouldn't do. grin

Panzee Mon 10-Oct-11 22:21:37

Play dough is really easy though. Make it with boiling water instead of cold and you don't even have to cook it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now