Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does this sound like an allergic reaction?

(3 Posts)
WoodBetweenTheWorlds Thu 06-Oct-11 00:09:22

I have a weird tingly feeling in my lower lip, which is somewhat swollen. I also have a slight rash around my mouth (tiny bumps, barely visible but quite itchy). It's the second time I have had these symptoms in the last week - mild but very noticeable.

I'm not aware of any food allergies but there are allergies in the family. I also suffer from hayfever and eczema has flared up on my hands recently.

I haven't eaten any obvious allergens this evening, but can't think of another explanation. Does this sound like an allergic reaction of some sort, and if so, how do I identify the trigger?

Ant advice welcome!

WoodBetweenTheWorlds Thu 06-Oct-11 00:10:03

any not ant grin

ChocaMum Fri 07-Oct-11 21:37:32

It does sound liken allergic reaction but probably just from the skin contact on your lips instead of the scary allergic reactions. It fits in with you bring atopic (hay fever and eczema) and with recent flare ups this kind of thing will be more likely. Try to monitor what could be causing it and if you get any other symptoms. HTH. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now