Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema in son- seems to be getting worse

(3 Posts)
doesmybumlookbiginthis Wed 05-Oct-11 19:49:02

my son 15 has always had eczema but in last couple of months has got worse. Have had food allergy test done and have cut out milk,salt, chocolate. He does sport about 5 times a day. He uses aveeno cream but still seems to be really sore - especially his eyelids.
Any ideas for treatment/practitioners greatly received. I live in glasgow

makingmama Wed 05-Oct-11 22:12:58

Try different emollients. You need to change them if they stop working. My ds was fine on emulsifying ointment for about 9 months, then it stopped helping. We changed to aveeno, fine for 3/4 weeks, then it started stinging him. Now have tried 5 different creams in 3/4 weeks, having all given stinging sensations or just not helping. We have at last found one that seems to be doing the trick. It's trial and error. Also check it's not infected. May also need to use a steroid cream to get the control back and keep on using the emollients. Hope that helps a little smile

timetosmile Wed 05-Oct-11 22:15:52

no 'rocket science' to add, except that the absorbtion of steroid cream is waaaay better if applied 1/2 hour after the emmolient. also agree re getting it checked for possible added infection - poor thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now