Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone have a nice egg-free cake recipe that doesn't use mashed banana?

(8 Posts)
suiledonn1 Wed 05-Oct-11 18:03:02

I want to make a cake for my birthday but dd1 is allergic to egg. I have made cakes for her in the past that turned out fine but all involved mashed banana and I'd like something different.

She is fine with dairy etc.

TIA

sayjay Sun 09-Oct-11 22:15:51

awesome vegan chocolate cake

trixymalixy Sun 09-Oct-11 22:18:46

I use organ egg replacer in any cake recipe.

BaaBaaHerdwickSheep Sun 09-Oct-11 22:19:49

Get the book 'Bakin' without eggs' - it's on Amazon. Has been a life saver in our house. The bran/carrot/honey muffins are lovely and I have convinced myself that they're actually quite healthy too!

Scootergrrrl Sun 09-Oct-11 22:27:49

Google The Pink Whisk golden syrup loaf cake - it's so delicious.

Milliways Sun 09-Oct-11 22:31:00

EGGLESS CHOC CAKE (v.v.simple)

Grease & line 2 8" Sandwich tins

Whisk together in jug: 8fluid oz milk, 4 fl oz oil, 1 tsp vinegar, .5tsp vanilla essence.

Sieve together: 8oz plain flour, 8oz castor sugar, 2oz cocoa, .25 tsp Bicarb Soda, 1 level tsp Baking Powder, .25 tsp salt.

Stir liquid ingredients into dry. Beat well with wooden spoon to a smooth slack. Pour into tins. Bake at 190 Degrees C /Gas 5 for approx 25 mins. Fill with buttercream, top with choc icing.

Clara35 Sun 09-Oct-11 23:13:40

Go on good food magazine website & search for eggless chocolate cake. It's a lovely recipe with chocolate glaze over the top. Makes a good dessert with dollop of cream.

SoylentClean Mon 10-Oct-11 13:54:17

We are an egg free house and having tried many an egg free cake this is the best I have found.

2oz marg
4oz caster sugar
7oz SR flour
1/2pt milk (have used cow and goat, both work fine)

Rub the marg into the flour, mix in the sugar, then stir in the milk a little at a time. Pour into greased sponge tin. Cook at 350F for about 25 minutes. Great for small bun cakes too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now