Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spots on backside

(5 Posts)
Alwaysworthchecking Sat 24-Sep-11 11:37:43

OK, not sure if this belongs in allergies or not. Have posted here recently, asking or advice on a gluten-free diet for myself. Noticed yesterday that dd, aged 8, has spots on her bum. My initial reaction, owing to family history was, 'Aargh! Dermatitis Hepetiformis!' However, upon googling (and am still I shock from all the buttock pictures I've just seen) I don't think dd's spots are that.

They are raised, skin-coloured bumps. Noticed one a while back, now suddenly there are a load of them. She sas they do not hurt or itch.

She's been lactose and soya intolerant since...well, her whole life, really. Her stomach is never quite right (for a dainty little person, she can stink out the bathroom and needs to go in a hurry) and she has a permanent snot problem. (I paint a pretty picture, do I not?) I have no idea if that is all incidental or relevant.

The other thing is that a while back ds had molluscum contagiosum on his thighs. They lasted about a year but have been gone for several months. Could it be that? His got inflamed just before they disappeared altogether and I would not want dd's to do that - not nice when you have to sit on them!

Any advice for me? Thanks.

Jaquelinehyde Sat 24-Sep-11 18:52:20

I am very little help and can only advise a quick trip to the Drs to check it out.

My ds had molluscum contagiosum all over his legs and trunk for about 2 years that then just disapeared but they are quite distinctive so I would of though you would know if it was that or not.

Good luck.

ChocaMum Sun 25-Sep-11 19:26:21

Not exactly sure I'm afraid but sounds likely to be molluscum. I think a trip to your GP is probably the best thing as s/he can have a good look then.

Alwaysworthchecking Mon 26-Sep-11 14:43:36

Well, spot-watch update (like Spring Watch, but without the puffins): they don't look like molloscum. They are more like pimples but seem to be spreading. Poor dd will have to take her backside to the doctors. She won't be happy about that.

ChocaMum Tue 27-Sep-11 21:26:39

No idea I'm afraid! If they don't itch or hurt then they're probably not anything nasty though. Good luck at the GP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now