Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is going on...

(4 Posts)
turtle23 Sun 18-Sep-11 06:37:16

DS1 is 3.5 and for the last few months I have finally sussed out what the thing is that keeps causing him to break out in a rash and to have (I know this sounds weird) a really odd smell on him. Eggs. When he has eggs he gets a rash on his neck and arms and smells weirdly sweet. I noticed the rash yesterday and this morning when I went into his bedroom the smell was overpowering (I am not talking about any other egg related smell!) Is this a mild allergy? Do I avoid eggs? Have him tested? Sorry if this makes no sense...DS2 has been up since 4. sad

turtle23 Sun 18-Sep-11 09:21:28

bump

youarekidding Sun 18-Sep-11 09:23:34

I have heard of smells being from the body not able to break down enzymes/fats etc from certain foods. A trip to the GP would be worthwhile. Just to find out what's going on. And yes I would avoid eggs in the meantime.

turtle23 Sun 18-Sep-11 09:25:32

Thank you. Is such a bore as he loves them but after eliminating them and introducing them 6 weeks later it is most definitely the eggs. GP it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now