Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

nutramigen on prescription

(4 Posts)
mum2twoloudbabies Wed 14-Sep-11 13:52:27

Hi

is anybody having an issue getting formula on prescription? My GP is starting to get a bit funny this time he only prescribed one tub which means I will have to get another one really soon normally he does 3 or 4 at a time. The pharmacist seemed to think he was getting people to start paying for them which to be quite honest is a bit much on top of the expensive other alternatives we have to get to cater for ds multiple allergies.

hwhite6 Wed 14-Sep-11 19:37:27

I had fun & games initially getting more than 2 tins at a time, but that's sorted now. Admittedly when his last repeat was put in, Granny went to pick it up and there was only one tin, the pharmacist went looking for the box for the others, had to check the order book as we normally have 10. Well, granny was straight round the doctors & gave them a good old flea in their ear (wish I could have seen that!). The hospital & dietician are still on my side, so I'd get them to call the GP if they were to get snotty about it.

mum2twoloudbabies Thu 15-Sep-11 07:56:22

grin at granny, maybe I should send granny round too, my mums pretty fierce when she wants to be.

Good idea re. the dietician thanks

freefrommum Thu 15-Sep-11 10:03:21

We also had to get the dietician and consultant involved in the early days to get the GP to prescribe the correct amount. I'm pretty sure that if the dietician and/or consultant put it in writing they can't really refuse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now