Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone know if you can buy non dairy, non soya yoghurt anywhere in the UK?

(6 Posts)
sphil Mon 12-Sep-11 21:46:15

That's it really! Thanks.

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 12-Sep-11 21:53:22

I don't know but I'll bump and watch with interest! (DD1 is dairy and soya free)

garliclover Mon 12-Sep-11 22:15:43

At Holland and Barrett you can get Wot No Dairy yoghurts made from pea protein by a company called Redwood, I think

thisisyesterday Mon 12-Sep-11 22:18:01

you might be able to make your own.

you'd need a spoon of soya yoghurt to start it with, and that would make a big batch, then you'd use a spoon of that to make the next batch and so on and so on... so eventually it would have no soya left in it

hwhite6 Tue 13-Sep-11 07:21:57

Mix up some cornflour with their formula, warm & stir it so it thickens (do not boil though!), then chill it. Yoghurt (of sorts). As it's made from their prescription formula (nutramigen/Neocate etc) their used to the taste, but please don't try it yourself! Mix some fruit puree/pieces through it, they'll wolf it down! I prefer to do this with Birds custard powder (tinned as DF) and serve that for pudding, easy & quick as no chilling obviously!
It's not a "portable" yoghurt to take out & about, but that why we have fruit pots!!

ChocaMum Tue 13-Sep-11 08:51:38

We get the same as garlic 'wot no dairy' but our holland and barret doesn't do it so we order from goodness direct. You also don't need to keep it in the fridge so saves some fridge space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now