Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fucking livid

(19 Posts)
babybarrister Mon 12-Sep-11 20:15:29

Restaurant that put milk in DS fruit juice now saying it was soya milk - when is the last time a Lebanese restaurant used soya milk - total bollocks angry . DS has tested neg to soya - in skin prick, RAST and a food challenge THIS MAY!

I have a nasty feeling environmental health are just going to let it drop ... I am not sure whether they have taken a sample and sent it to the Public Analyst - and even if so, whether it is the same as what was served.

Well looks like Mummy will sue the bastards instead - not least because they are liars - FFS why could they just not put their hands up to this????

K999 Mon 12-Sep-11 20:19:20

Why would they put milk in fruit juice? confused

ballstoit Mon 12-Sep-11 20:28:27

Ditto what K999 said.

Likeaninjanow Mon 12-Sep-11 20:37:43

Seems very odd! Why on earth would they use soya milk?! They are lying bastards angry

shouldbeelswhere Mon 12-Sep-11 20:49:35

Oh BB, I don't know what to say! Why do they have to make it all so much harder?

babybarrister Mon 12-Sep-11 20:57:26

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ..... grin!!!

I said I was not going to sue but only on the proviso they get prosecuted - otherwise I will take my chances ..... the one advantage of being a lawyer, even though I always tell clients it is a mug's game!

shouldbeelswhere Mon 12-Sep-11 21:08:59

Lets hope that does the trick and environmental health get their finger out. Just a little aside, I've signed up for a parents workshop with the anaphylaxis campaign. Hope I don't come away feeling more terrified! Am I right in thinking you've been on one?

babybarrister Mon 12-Sep-11 21:30:01

is that the one on 11th Oct in Covent garden? I am going to try to go too - have been to one before - always interesting!

greenbananas Tue 13-Sep-11 08:32:29

That's just so rubbish of them - hope you get a resounding win and that they are properly ashamed!

ChocaMum Tue 13-Sep-11 08:49:28

I can't believe them, how infuriating. Good luck with it.

shouldbe I am planning on going to that workshop too if it's the one in cogent garden you're talking about.

shouldbeelswhere Tue 13-Sep-11 13:35:23

No, it's near Heathrow in November. I'd be interested to hear how it goes in October though so I know what to expect.

mintyneb Wed 14-Sep-11 09:40:28

bloody hell BB that's taking the mick! Don't know how you ask restaurants about allergens but I guess the conversation must have gone something like... does the juice have any dairy in it?..... so there's definitely no milk in it?..... as long as there is no milk in it?.... we could be phoning for an ambulance in ten minutes otherwise....

to which a responsible waiter/restaurant owner would usually say I'll go and check with the kitchen, or in this case hearing the word milk all the time should have prompted them to say, well actually there is soya milk in it (if they are telling the truth hmm)

what a bunch of irresponsible liars. I hope the environmental health dont drop the case as the restaurant need to learn they can't take people's health so lightly. good luck

simpson Thu 15-Sep-11 23:39:27

This is awful, we went to waggamummas a few months ago (who are normally v good tbh) and they assured me DD's dish had no dairy or soya in it, well she reacted big time hmm when we got home sad

When I looked up ingredients up online it had soya in angry

Lucky for them DD is only severely intolerant not allergic iyswim but it still meant a good 5 days of sore tummy, diarrea (sp) <<sigh>>

Hazelwhirls Fri 16-Sep-11 10:27:47

News this week
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23985874-whole-foods-fined-pound-2000-over-womans-nuts-trauma.do

Hazelwhirls Fri 16-Sep-11 10:37:10

..and also recently
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/top_norwich_restaurant_fined_after_customer_suffers_allergic_reaction_1_964138

youarekidding Fri 16-Sep-11 18:58:32

Oh BB I'm not surprised your livid. I think you should sue - especially if you can do it yourself so no costs involved - except billing them costs if they lose. wink

ClaireOB Mon 19-Sep-11 11:27:33

just come across this article which might have some useful background "Food allergy, a summary of recent cases in the criminal and civil courts of the UK". It's on open access

babybarrister Mon 19-Sep-11 21:18:33

thanks - the article just seems to be a summary though rather than the whole article - is it possible to ask Hazel to post the full article please?!

babybarrister Mon 19-Sep-11 21:20:55

btw spoke to allergy nurse at St Thomas today - she confirmed as I thought that it would be highly unlikely that DS having passed a food challenge to soya in May, would be having a reaction to it in July ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now