Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Your best gluten free bread recipes please!

(5 Posts)
SoupDragon Sat 03-Sep-11 11:37:59

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or in recipes but plumped for here.

I have come to the conclusion that I am intolerant to, I think, wheat. Having avoided it for the summer holidays I feel much better (in an indefinable way!) and am no longer bloated.

However. Bread. I have made it according to the recipe in the back of the Doves packet and it makes me want to throw up. I think this is mostly in my mind because of having put vinegar in it hmm I have managed to make it tolerable by making it into a cheese loaf and toasting it.

So, does anyone have a fabulous GF bread recipe or is this as good as it gets?

CMOTdibbler Sat 03-Sep-11 17:38:46

Just buy Genius or Warburtons gf bread tbh. In 14 years of being GF, I have rarely made a gf loaf at home that is OK

SoupDragon Sun 04-Sep-11 14:09:10

The cheese version was fine... Mainly because the texture of cheese bread is odd anyway. I actually think the way to go is to forget about bread entirely although surviving DSs rugby this morning with no bacon gutty was tough!

SoupDragon Sun 04-Sep-11 14:10:05

Bitty. Not gutty. although that is kind of appropriate.

Bloody autocorrect.

SoupDragon Sun 04-Sep-11 14:10:25

oh FFS! BUTTY

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now