Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Failed challenge

(5 Posts)
topiarygal Thu 25-Aug-11 08:15:12

Humph - hazlenut - was so excited about getting past this one. But no - crap reaction. So we'll have cancel our date with the Ferrero Rocher Ambassador. Anyway , we're left with DS reacting to:
Tree pollen
Grass pollen
Cashew
Pistach
Macadamia
Hazlenut
Walnut
Kiwi

BUT (upside) - I'm going in to discuss immunotherapy for the tree and grass pollen - that should stop the weird non-food related anaphylaxis - sounds easy - 3 years of pills under the tongue ...

WHEN are they going to invent this magic cure ....
sorry - a sulk ...

babybarrister Thu 25-Aug-11 08:36:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alibubbles Thu 25-Aug-11 09:19:21

My DD has had a nut allergy for 14 years (blue light twice to hospital) I persuaded her to go for updated testing, she is thrilled to bits, especially as she travels to the Far East a lot, no obvious reaction after skin prick and the taste testing to 4 different nuts, but still allergic to cats.

She didn't know she was allergic to dogs and horses, and the cats aren't a problem, she has got used to them over the years.

She spent a whole morning at the Royal Brompton, and they were lovely, she enjoyed it apart from fainting!

So there is hope!

Likeaninjanow Thu 25-Aug-11 13:13:43

So sorry it didn't go well topiarygal sad. I know how much hope we pin on these challenges.

Another wish for a magic cure...just terrifed myself by reading of a child with the same name and same age as mine. sad

topiarygal Tue 30-Aug-11 20:41:27

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now