Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Paste bandages

(2 Posts)
greencybermummy Fri 19-Aug-11 21:18:09

We're just new to using these.

I've been advised that these can be left in place for 24 hrs but my DD (age 3) has needed the legs changing morning and night. Arms have remained more intact and I've left them on for tonight to see what happens. What has anyone else found?

Is there a reason they can't be used around the trunk?

Also how long have you used these type of bandages for?

Do you wash the tubigrip over bandage and use them again? Seems a waste not too?

pinkorkid Wed 24-Aug-11 16:39:07

Hi, It's been a while since we used these but from memory it was also just arms and legs. I don't know if there is any medical reason why they shouldn't be used on the trunk. I also don't see why you couldn't wash and re-use the tubifast or comfifast leggings/vests. They may well stain as a result of contact with the paste bandages but if washed at high temperature should be clean enough to reuse. We used them for less than a week at a time and eventually dd refused them as being too icky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now