Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cholinergic Urticaria

(3 Posts)
craziedaisy Sun 14-Aug-11 08:14:07

I am begining to wonder if my 1 year old daughter has Cholinergic Urticaria. She has random hives that seem to keep coming up and down and this seems to happen when she gets upset or becomes a little overheated. We are currently waiting to see a consultat as we are wondering if she is allergic to some foods too. Does anyone have any experience of this condition. Everything I have looked at on google seems rather depressing.

Many thanks

craziedaisy Wed 17-Aug-11 21:47:11

Sorry to bump again, but also wanted to see if the spots my DD gets are what everyone else thinks of as hives, because they don't like the pictures I have seen. They are a bit like insect bites to look at. She also seems to get very tiny little colourless raised bumps on her wrists . Do you think this is connected to an allergy too?

brighthair Sat 20-Aug-11 00:51:22

Me grin
Developed it age 11 out of the blue and still have it at 27. It's uncomfortable and sometimes I get embarrassed but I am learning to live with it. I was allergic to eggs (stopped breathing) as a child but have grown out of it and eat anything happily now. Tried loads of meds via hope hospital but no joy so I am on 40mg zyrtek which works best for me. Mine is brought on by heat - esp change of temp so summer not so bad as already hot!!
Things that help - ignoring it when it comes up really really helps as stress makes it worse. If v bad cool shower or bath and then I just lie and relax
Beta blockers helped but only for a few weeks
Hope this helps feel free if you need to
Ask anything grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now