Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Soap substitute for nursery

(9 Posts)
greencybermummy Mon 08-Aug-11 22:14:30

I need to provide a soap substitute for my DD for nursery, as she is only 3 it preferably needs to be one with a pump that she can manage to use herself.

Has anyone got any recommendations - she has chronic eczema and is "epaderm-ed up" at every opportunity but that is not an option as it can't be dispensed from a pump. I have had a look on-line and see that doublebase wash comes in a pump dispenser - anyone tried this? The beauty of this is that it would look the same as what the other children use as they have pump dispensed anti-bac stuff.

I have been given a sample size of cetraben but it is too tricky for her to dispense herself and as she is an independent madam I don't think it will go down too well that she needs an adult to do it for her.

Any ideas or recommendations most welcome.

Furball Mon 08-Aug-11 22:29:04

is this not any good?

ElBandito Mon 08-Aug-11 22:30:21

We use Epaderm cream and have a pump dispenser. Have a word with your pharmacist

greencybermummy Mon 08-Aug-11 23:18:58

Thanks Elbandito - forgot about that one as we use buckets of the ointment but that would do the trick I'm sure.

freefrommum Tue 09-Aug-11 08:30:40

We use Dermol 500, it comes in a pump dispenser and is anti-microbial so perfect for washing hands after going to the toilet (I also use it as all-over body wash for DS as his eczema is very prone to getting infected). You can get it on prescription.

youarekidding Tue 09-Aug-11 08:35:44

DS used the E45 pump dispenser handwash.

I'd speak to the GP he may be able tp prescribe something as I think most of the skincare ranges for exzema come in pump dispensers. I'm pretty sure oilatum does too.

stepmad Tue 09-Aug-11 18:47:37

We use the Dermol 500 hundred as well she had no trouble usuing it in nursery . We only use pump products anyway as her doctor reakons that as soon as you open a tub use your hands then it just breads more bacteria which goes onto the skin even with washed hands infects any open cuts etc. Has made a huge differance. We also use it all over the body and as a shampoo as well. Also discovered it bubbles up in the bath if shower head is placed right on top of the water so she can have bubble bath now

ChocaMum Tue 09-Aug-11 20:16:16

Any of the cream emollients can be used as soap substitutes, and most come in pumps. Dermol 500 is great for the bath, but for washing hands you could use anything really, diprobase for example.

AngelDog Tue 09-Aug-11 23:03:23

We use Dermol too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now