Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

M&S Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix - Now egg free

(1 Post)
WhackadoodleDandy Thu 04-Aug-11 20:13:11

We used to use packet mixes for cakes and cookies as an easy afternoon baking activity with our 2 year old but had to stop when her egg allergy began.

Today in M&S I noticed that their choc chip cookie mix had 'new recipe' on the box so I just thought I'd check on the off chance and I was in luck - they have changed it and it is now egg free. Just though I'd let you know for anyone else who needs to avoid eggs. Its got dairy and gluten and not suitable for nuts sadly.

You need to double check though because on the shelves were still a few of the older style eggy ones, so you'd need to be sure to get one of the new ones.

Its a just add butter & water mix and if its of interest to anyone, these are the ingredients:

Milk Chocolate chips, wheatflour, soft brown sugar, sugar, vegetable oils, dried glucose syrup, baking powder (raising agent:E575, sodium bicarbonate), dextrose, flavouring, salt

Milk choc chips: sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, dried whole milk, dried whey, emulsifier: soya lecithin

Allergy Info:
Contains Cow's milk, soya, wheat, gluten. Not suitable for nut sufferers due to manufacturing methods used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now