Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy eyes - possible allergies?

(7 Posts)
aleene Tue 19-Jul-11 18:28:03

Recently I have had unbearably itchy eyes and eyelids. Possible suspect foods include dark chocolate, orange juice and tomatoes.
Anyone else similiar? Any advice welcome.

MumblingRagDoll Wed 20-Jul-11 00:59:50

Itchy eyes doesn't always mean alergies. I had the same and it turned out to be Blepharitis...an infection of the eyelash follicles. I was lucky to catch it as it can make your lashes fall out permanently!

aleene Wed 20-Jul-11 13:36:40

Thanks for that. I was a bit worried that it might be an eye infection. Wondering if I should see a doctor.

MumblingRagDoll Wed 20-Jul-11 16:53:46

Yes...because it's easily fixed. Don't leave it.

aleene Wed 20-Jul-11 17:52:15

Have an appointment for tomorrow. Did they give you antibiotics? What I have read says it reoccurs and I have def had this before. Just thought it was an allergy. Worried I have done some damage already. feeling upset about this which is SO STUPID in the grand scale of things. sad

MumblingRagDoll Thu 21-Jul-11 00:14:20

I had antibiotic drops....but don't worry! It's hay fever season....he'll know if its that right away...

aleene Thu 21-Jul-11 19:34:04

Doctor thinks it is allergic conjunctivitis (sp) and gave me eye drops. My eyes are a lot better today. Feeling a lot better in general. Thank you for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now