Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How do you flavour oat milk to make it toddler friendly?

(10 Posts)
eskimomama Mon 18-Jul-11 10:44:20

Hello all,
My DD is allergic to cow's milk protein, and she's been quite good at gulping some Oat milk once or twice a day, but only if I flavour it with some baby chocolate powder (a bit less sugary than the usual types).

However, I'd like to know any other tips to flavour it easily, I've tried vanilla pods, doesn't really work (and takes ages)... any other ideas?
anything with less sugar...

It's also because I'm planning to stop BFing and would like her to drink more oat milk in future, especially in the evenings, but obviously with less chocolate powder/sugar...iyswim

thanks in advance

Psychovillemum Mon 18-Jul-11 11:40:30

What about boiling it up with fruit and honey. Banana and honey maybe. I have the same problem. I have given my toggle soya milk from the co-op sweetened with apple juice.

Psychovillemum Mon 18-Jul-11 11:40:59

Sorry meant 'toddler!'

shitmagnet Mon 18-Jul-11 11:48:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eskimomama Mon 18-Jul-11 11:59:32

thanks both - I would like to avoid cooking with it as it destroys the calcium apparently. Will give the banana a try.
She's not drinking rice milk though.

babybarrister Mon 18-Jul-11 13:03:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

watching with intrest as I just buy the chocolate oat & rice milk...

rockinhippy Mon 18-Jul-11 13:13:43

DD used to love it blitzed with, bit of agave or maple syrup cocoa powder & banana - adds to the nutritional value too wink

eskimomama Mon 18-Jul-11 14:51:43

good suggestions, thanks all!

Psychovillemum Mon 18-Jul-11 20:51:31

Sounds great rockinhippy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now