Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema - School uniforms

(5 Posts)
Maggie198 Fri 15-Jul-11 16:07:44

I have been looking for 100% cotton school trousers for my 3 year old. Only place that does them is M&S and they have sold out. Anybody know of anywhere else I can get them. Eczema clothing sold out. Lint kids don't do them so small. Anybody sending their eczema kids in viscose/polyester etc and finding it's just not a problem?

falasportugues Fri 15-Jul-11 20:07:34

john lewis do 100 percent cotton. my child is covered in tubifast garments, so doens't have contact with the fabrics, but i would prefer to buy 100 percent cotton in the hope she may not be in the stockinette forever!

greencybermummy Fri 15-Jul-11 20:42:22

Falasportugues does your DD where the garments all the time under clothes? How does she manage when the weather warms up a bit?

falasportugues Fri 15-Jul-11 21:17:48

Hi she does wear them all the time at school, as it protects her skin from allergens, and scratchy carpets and things. at weekend, i let her wear a light cotton dress if she's playing out if its a warm day, and watch her closely. if she starts itching i put the garments back on. the threat of garments back on is usually enough to stop her scratching. she just wears the garments at night with no pyamas on top. it would be too hot. i have tried to get dream skin silk garments off my gp but just found out today they can't prescribe them. i think they might be better for nigh time, as tobifast and the like are viscose which is hotter to wear than cotton, and silk is ideal for temperature regulation. how about you?

musette Tue 26-Jul-11 18:48:43

My son is 4 years old and I found some trousers in Next that are 85% cotton earlier this year. They still stock them, but only in store. If I remember they are between £14-£17 depending on age. I think they start from 3 but you need to check. Phone up your local store and they shouldbe able to tell you when they expect a delivery or where the nearest store isthat stocks them.
The number is 364-901-078-001196. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now