Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gluten, dairy, egg, onion and garlic free?!?

(5 Posts)
Tee2072 Fri 15-Jul-11 14:50:31

A very good friend of mine's family have all just gone through allergy testing. My subject line is what her husband and 3 children all have a combination of allergies to!

Does anyone have any recipes that might meet all or some of these criteria or at least point me in the right direction to help her? She's in the US hence me posting for her. grin

menagerie Fri 15-Jul-11 15:04:51

She could make chickpea, spinach and sweet potato curry with mild fragrant spices, served with rice.

How about chicken in honey and tamarind marinade with chinese five spice, baked in the oven, served with rice or potatoes and veg

Or roast salmon with rice noodles tossed in ginger and chilli with green veg stir fry?

Pork cooked with fennel and apple (or pear) is delicious, served with sweet baked potatoes and steamed veg.

Good old steak, chips and peas or salad!

I'm assuming they're not veggie. If they are I'll think again.

Tee2072 Fri 15-Jul-11 15:06:52

No, not veggie these are great, thanks! I'll pass them on!

freefrommum Fri 15-Jul-11 15:29:01

Gluten free pasta with sauce made from olive oil, tomato puree, passata, oregano, rosemary, dash of red wine and some chopped ham or smoky bacon or mince (need to check ham/bacon doesn't contain milk or wheat).

Tee2072 Fri 15-Jul-11 21:42:51

Ooh, that sounds good too, thanks!

She did just tell me that onions and garlic are back on the menu so long as it's a flavour and not the main part of the dish, so no onion tart!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now