Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you get small cartons/pots of soya milk?

(8 Posts)
Hulababy Wed 13-Jul-11 19:44:56

I have recently gone dairy free for a while to see if it helps m psoraisis and psoraitic arthritis.

I am fine at home as use the Alpro soya milk in tea. I don't like it in coffee as it goes all flaky on top and the appearance puts me off.

However I would like to be able to take milk out with me - some of the local cafes/restaurants don't have soya milk and also for when at work. Bt a litre box is not practical obviously.

Small cartons would work, although it would befab to have some very small indidivual pots/tubes like you can get real milk in.

I have found some small cartons on the Tesco website, but I don't shop there in general. Ocado and Waitrose don't appear to do them in the small cartons.

Does anywhere else do them?

CocktailQueen Wed 13-Jul-11 19:46:41

I've just seen them in Tesco too tho Sainsburys has a vg dairy free range to may be worth trying there too.
hth

greenbananas Wed 13-Jul-11 19:50:23

You can get small-ish cartons of soya milk in Holland & Barratt as well as some supermarkets. They're quite expensive though.

(We tend to buy big 'smartprice' cartons and put small amounts in a little bottle for out and about - but that's not great on hot days.)

theothermrsclooney Wed 13-Jul-11 20:36:03

I warm my soya milk in the microwave before adding to coffee and it doesn't seem to go "flakey"...

Hulababy Wed 13-Jul-11 20:55:06

Ooh, I'll try warming it and see if that helps.

have seen them in tesco online - guess I may need to do an order then.

gingergaskell Fri 15-Jul-11 13:19:30

I used to buy the small poppers of Alpro Soy, plain milk from my local Sainsburys.
They come in packs of 4 or 6 with straws, so marketed for school lunches or so on I guess.
www.alprosoya.co.uk/soya-products/soya-milk/flavour/plain/original_250ml_long_life.html?no_cache=1
Maybe contact them to see where you could get them locally, if you can't find them?

Otherwise what I would do is use a small child's water bottle / screw top bottle, for stuff like that to take around with me.

gingergaskell Fri 15-Jul-11 13:21:23

Sorry meant to say, re the small screw top bottles: look in stores like Boots in the cosmetic section. You can get plain small bottles there designed to put skin care products in say for travelling, that are good for carrying small amounts of things like milk, and little pots too, for say small amounts of dairy free margarine etc.

Hulababy Mon 18-Jul-11 22:28:42

I have ordered some 250ml cartons from Tesco.

Good idea re the boots containers.

Was also thinking that I could freeze some milk in ice cube trays for using at my parents and PILs perhaps and just defrost what I need as and when. I only use milk for hot drinks. Does soya milk freeze ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now