Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Allergy Alert Wristbands

(8 Posts)
Likeaninjanow Tue 12-Jul-11 14:22:05

3 year old DS2 will start pre-school later in the year. I'd like for him to start wearing a wristband displaying his allergies, as it's likely he'll be in more situations where I'll not be there to check everything for him sad.

Can anyone recommend anything? I did see one i liked but it only displayed one allergy, and he unfortunately has seven.

tinytalker Tue 12-Jul-11 14:32:40

This site has lots of allergy alert stuff especially for kids. Badges/stickers, wristbands, bibs etc
www.alwaysreadthelabel.info

shouldbeelswhere Tue 12-Jul-11 14:47:19

We use Medic alert, they've got all sorts of children's wrist bands. My DD is 2.5 and it seems to put up with her chewing it. It's velcro so adjustable as she grows and the allergies and action to be taken is engraved onto it.

babybarrister Tue 12-Jul-11 14:56:09

we use Medicalert as well - tried other ones but same as you - not enough room for the allergies!

Likeaninjanow Tue 12-Jul-11 15:36:16

Thanks! I'll go and take a look smile. I knew I could count on you all!

wangle99 Tue 12-Jul-11 16:29:42

we used mediband for DS, although they are wasted now as need to add a new one on there!

freefrommum Tue 12-Jul-11 17:53:55

Hi we use ICE gems www.icegems.co.uk/childrens-id-wristbands-pendants/fun-fab-kids-medical-id.html
Choice of fun child-friendly straps and personalised engraved alert plate, and very reasonably priced (compared to some I looked at!). My 4 yr old DS loves his! One thing, the straps are very long so we trimmed ours and sealed the end with a lit match IYSWIM.

youarekidding Tue 12-Jul-11 18:01:40

Ours is from Creations. It also has personalised plate and a sports band. We have 3 bands which DS changes depending on his mood. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now