Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Finding out what's wrong with my poor skin by going on a raw diet....

(7 Posts)
HelloKlitty Mon 11-Jul-11 08:45:03

I've had a lot of weird skin problems over the years (I'm 38) alway pale and sensitive, as I got older I have had odd things....a bout of Rocacea Pityritis (sp) and now what we (the dermo and I) think is a rare rash called Granuloma Faciale.....both are harmless but the Granuloma is on my face and is ugly....not huge....it's about the size of a 20p...but it flares up and dies down....looks a bit like acne but is itchy sometimes.

Because its so rare they don't knwo what causes it....but last night I read another woman who has a different (more common) type of granuloma and at the age of 58 she had tried all treatments to no avail...she had laser, topical steroids etc....then she saw a food allergist and discvered three allergies....immediately the granuloma began to improve.

I can't afford an alergist and my dermatologist is very unhelpful old school....I may push to see a different one at the hospital but though that I would try to eliminate all possibilities with a raw food diet....only for 10 days....I will eat nothing but fruit and veg.....salad and water....I may have a tiny bit of milk and coffee as I will go mad otherwise.

But do you think this is a silly idea? It can't do any harm can it?

I suspect I am reacting to dairy....I eat a lot....cheese, milk, chocolate....and seem to get a slight "high" from it....if I drastically cut i out as well as grains etc.....I may see an improvement...I hopes someone might be able to advise further/

Expelliarmus Mon 11-Jul-11 11:24:27

What if it is a fruit or veg that is making it flare up?
Probably the most sensible way forward would be to start by cutting out dairy for a week to see if it makes a difference.
If no difference, then try wheat for a week and so on.
I think cutting out whole food groups for more than a couple of days will do more harm than good.
Also, it could be something different triggering it that is beyond your control - sunlight, pollution?

OpusProSerenus Mon 11-Jul-11 11:33:28

I did a course recently where we learned how to do food allergy testing using kinesiology (so, very simply, it's testing the strength of muscles, which weaken if something you are intolerant to is near you)

One thing I learned is that most food intolerances are quite transient, food allergies are very different and usually are so major and obvious you would know if you had one. If you think how, when you've overindulged in something, your body just thinks yuk if you go to have it again, well intolerances are like that but on such a small scale you often don't hear your body say yuk!

I test as intolerant to lettuce and tomatoes when I'm dieting but am fine when I eat these things in smaller quantities. There's no harm at all in eating healthily but you will need to get a balanced diet or you may risk making yourself worse

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 11-Jul-11 11:35:10

WTF?

So now it's your dermatologist who is old school, not your GP?

Are you for real, OP?

You've had loads of people trying to help you on the other thread, why start this one, changing the details?

HelloKlitty Mon 11-Jul-11 12:34:09

I started this one first acually because I sometimes write GP insead of dermo because HE IS my GP aswell as my DERMO> he is both. Dont fucking attack me!

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 11-Jul-11 14:21:58

Well, I was questioning you, because you have started two threads about the same thing but changed some of the details.

I wasn't attacking you, and sorry if you felt that way.

Anyway, good luck with your issues.

bruffin Mon 11-Jul-11 19:28:47

Opus- kinesiology wouldn't have taught you anything and has no place in allergy or intolerance diagnosis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now