Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy wrists

(3 Posts)
greeneone12 Thu 23-Jun-11 21:03:35

Hi All

I have DD 8MO who is always rubbing the inside of her wrists on her body, my body, the pram straps and anything else! Steroid cream and other emmolients do nothing. Any ideas? I am at my wits end seeing her scratch all the time.

Thanks in advance.

shouldbeelswhere Sat 25-Jun-11 16:36:26

I can sympathise as I used to scratch the inside of my wrists until they bled when I was a child. I remember having a white soaked bandage which had to be kept in the fridge and that helped - sorry can't remember what it was called - icthpaste or something like that, you could ask your GP. As I got older I discovered I was allergic to wool and it was also made worse by not drying my wrists or having damp cuffs. You might want to get your DD checked for allergies, just a thought. Hope it helps. It also helped to cool the area down with a very cold flannel.

louisea Sun 26-Jun-11 13:49:21

Have you tried changing your washing detergeant? Could she be reacting to fabrics in the clothes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now