Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

please reassure me this is normal and not a dairy allergy

(5 Posts)
ilovemydogandMrObama Wed 22-Jun-11 19:31:06

DS is severely dairy/soya intolerant. DD2 is 5 weeks and the last few days has had some major vomits. This is just normal for a baby, right and not an indication of her being dairy intolerant?

lukewarmmama Wed 22-Jun-11 20:20:01

Major vomits is entirely normal. I remember one spectacular very hot day in DD2's first few weeks when she vomited an entire feed down my back, into my pants. Than later on that day, another full feed vomit down my front and into my bra.

But not after every/most feeds, every day - if that's the case then you need to look into it. And usual caveats about putting on weight normally etc etc....

mum2twoloudbabies Thu 23-Jun-11 08:13:52

could well be very normal especially so young could just be taking on too much milk, big wind or a bit of reflux. But agree with lukewarm on caveats and you should be concerned it is every/most feed but not necessarily intolerence could be reflux which will settle with age.

ilovemydogandMrObama Fri 24-Jun-11 09:54:46

Thank you! Really good point about too much milk, and it appears I do have over supply. One highly intolerant child and another with severe asthma is enough! grin

And what is it about when a baby vomits, it always gets into your hair hmm. And right before the school run grin

mum2twoloudbabies Sun 26-Jun-11 11:20:04

See I have a fast letdown dd couldn't cope took on lots of air then vomit loads back up until i figured out what it was. ds coped fine bit of wind but no vomiting dreadful eczema and allergic to dairy, wheat and eggs! You can never be fully certain until you start ruling things out can you. Ho hum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now