Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are there any baby cereals with no dairy?

(16 Posts)
greeneone12 Tue 21-Jun-11 08:26:35

I am going to try and give up dairy to see if it helps DD eczema. Are there any porridge type things that don't have dairy in for little ones? She normlly has baby cereal for breakfast so this will be a big change!

jenjenjenjen Tue 21-Jun-11 08:35:36

Try Ready Brek or supermarket equivalent own brand. Has no salt or sugar and cheaper than 'baby' cereal. My 7 month old milk allergic DS loves it.

mawbroon Tue 21-Jun-11 08:43:21

I second the Ready Brek idea. When ds1 developed an intolerence to milk, I just switched to making it with water. I thought it was horrible, but ds1 loved it.

hwhite6 Tue 21-Jun-11 08:59:20

The C&G tropical fruit cereal for 7m+ is DF & GF (as we needed both & he couldnt tolerate oats either, so was all he could eat!).

hwhite6 Tue 21-Jun-11 09:00:07

The C&G tropical fruit cereal for 7m+ is DF & GF (as we needed both & he couldnt tolerate oats either, so was all he could eat!).

greeneone12 Tue 21-Jun-11 09:18:23

That's great to know - thanks! Ready Brek with water - does sound horrible but I gave her some absolutely disgusting medicine this morning and she hardly flinched so you never know! I could also use soya milk for DD right?

MenaZovut Tue 21-Jun-11 09:19:07

My son alternates between ready brek and weetabix

greeneone12 Tue 21-Jun-11 09:37:13

Weetabix with water?!

MenaZovut Tue 21-Jun-11 09:44:04

Weetabix with Neocate milk. Sorry, just occured to me that your daughter probably isn't prescribed this. Could she have it with Soya or Rice Milk (if age appropriate)?

RitaMorgan Tue 21-Jun-11 09:47:35

Lots of babies who are allergic to cow's milk are also allergic to soya milk - apparently the proteins are very similar? And I also have a feeling babies can't have rice milk as in contains arsenic confused

InvaderZim Tue 21-Jun-11 10:17:04

If your bubba is very small, the Plum four-grain porridge is dairy free. smile

vintageteacups Tue 21-Jun-11 10:19:55

You can make porridge with water (I love it) and instead of adding creme fraiche (like I do), you could swirl in fruit puree to sweeten it a bit.

greeneone12 Tue 21-Jun-11 12:08:46

Great thanks all.

Likeaninjanow Tue 21-Jun-11 12:10:07

Oat milk (the calcium and vitamin enriched one) is a good substitute for milk, if too young for rice milk.

trixymalixy Tue 21-Jun-11 21:34:19

Second the oat milk. It's very nice in cereal, I prefer it to cow's milk in cereal.

sagarika Wed 22-Jun-11 09:01:01

I use c&g banana porridge as well as the tropical fruit one.mix it with water,sometimes mix fruit puree or mash a ripe banana.my 9 mnth old ds simply loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now