Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

COW&GATE PEPTI OR APTAMIL PEPTI

(7 Posts)
sagarika Mon 20-Jun-11 17:43:41

MY SON'S BEEN PRESCRIBED APTAMIL PEPTI FOR MILK ALLERGY BUT I HAVE HEARD THAT BABIES STILL GET REACTIONS TO IT. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY BAD EXPERIENCE. IS COW & GATE BETTER. really sorry for the bold letter message. didnt realise until i finished writing

FlingonTheValiant Mon 20-Jun-11 20:07:11

DS prefered aptimil to C&G. But I think you'll probably have to try them, my friend's baby reacted to both and has neocate.

babybarrister Mon 20-Jun-11 20:12:53

we were on nutramigen - I think this is basically the first level with pepti - if there is no improvement then ask for neocate as this is the only totally artificial "milk" as far as I know

good luck -

ps you can buy all of the hypoallergenic milks over the counter [though they keep them behind the counter!] so you can try them out ...

jenjenjenjen Tue 21-Jun-11 08:41:10

My son fine on Aptamil Pepti, I think only a small percentage of milk allergic kids react - all you can do is try it and see what happens. Apparently tastes better than C&G.

goshreally Thu 23-Jun-11 16:04:25

My DS (1 year) has been on Aptamil Pepti for 6 months and it's been great for him. Our paediatrician says it is very rare for babies to react to it, and because it contains some lactose (unlike Neocate and Nutramigen) it keeps the baby's lactase levels up (which is good if your baby is not lactose intolerant)...

mintyneb Thu 23-Jun-11 18:12:08

I think they are one and the same thing? My DD was on Pepti and I'm sure in the last few tins of Cow and Gate powder there were leaflets explaining that it was going to be branded as Aptimil Pepti but there would be no difference in the product. the last few prescriptions we picked up were indeed labelled as Aptimil

natters86 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:01:17

This is probably opposite to what others have said so not going to help but i think there is a difference, we worked our way upto pepti jnr by cow and gate having had problems with aptimil pepti? If this hadn't helped DS we would have moved to Neocate...!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now