Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can somebody please help me with a question about hayfever/asthma?

(2 Posts)
nobodysfool Sun 19-Jun-11 21:59:59

thanks for reading this.
My ds (6) has had a non productive cough for about 8 weeks which had followed a bad viral infection.He coughs all day but it doesnt wake him up at night.
He is well in himself.He takes loratine for hayfever.
I took him to my doctors on Fri and she listened to his cough and suggested we try a ventolin spray as it may be asthmatic cough.The spray has done nothing for his cough and in desparation i started searching online for any other ideas.I stumbled across a site that suggested using Benylin night time cough mixture as the ingredients help with hayfever (checked on the Benylin site and they say the same).Gave him a dose of it this evening an hour before bedtime and he coughed once then fell asleep!
Has anybody had and experience with this and what can i ask the doc for with the same ingredients that will help him without making him drowsy?
Any ideas?

nobodysfool Sun 19-Jun-11 22:15:46

bumping in the vain hope somebody will read and help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now