Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

constant diarrhea, gritty mucusy poos anyone experienced this

(3 Posts)
Liz1979 Sat 18-Jun-11 14:00:36

hi there i am a newbie and wondered if anyone had experienced this and should i be worried
my baby is 21 months old 2 in october and she has never not once had a "proper" formed poo i would say between a 6 and 7 on bristol scale but just recently shes had one or two gritty almost sandy poos and the odd mucusy one
she has a healthy diet eating plenty of fruit and veg but nothing in excess
she definatley has not eaten any sand and i am a little worried

we have an appointment on monday with the gp but wondered if anyone could shed some light for me

Crazimamma Sat 18-Jun-11 19:36:39

Hi Liz. My Ds (now 3) had longstanding loose poos around the same age. Was often mucusy, occ gritty and often with identifiable food in. Was toddlers diarrhea which resolved almost overnight at aged 2 and a bit. Toddlers diarrhea is quite common - loose stools in absence of any disease. It gets better without any treatment. Might be this if your dd is otherwise well and gaining weight?

shouldbeelswhere Sat 25-Jun-11 16:46:53

Yes we had this too (not me just my DD I mean!) and like Crazimamma said it spontaneously resolved itself - the nursery said it was toddlers diarrheoa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now