Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

allergies and weaning

(6 Posts)
Moulesfrites Wed 15-Jun-11 20:01:02

Mt ds is 20 weeks and has just been diagnosed with mild eczema - some small patches on his arms and legs - nowhere near as severe as some friends' babies with eczema I have seen, but I know it could flare up and change.

Both me and my dh had eczema as children and we both suffer from hayfever, although for me this did not start until I was about 16. With this in mind, is there anything we need to bear in mind when weaning - we are planning on waiting until 6m, but do we need to introduce foods one at a time etc?

Moulesfrites Wed 15-Jun-11 21:27:42

anyone?

VFVF Thu 16-Jun-11 10:02:18

My friend found her little boy had quite strong outbreaks of excema ever time she gave him strawberries, maybe a one to try and avoid?

VFVF Thu 16-Jun-11 10:02:58

every time even!

Laurale31 Tue 05-Jul-11 12:15:49

I would introduce one at a time and if no reaction try something else, I am just starting milk free weaning and came on here for some advice , I have started with baby rice and ready brek which he seems fine with,also tried fruity muesli and he's fine with that so now fir some soya yoghurts next, good luck xx

freefrommum Tue 05-Jul-11 17:35:10

Here's a useful link including lists of least and most allergenic foods wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/allergy.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now