Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Emollin Emollient Spray - Fantastic - just want to pass this on!!!

(4 Posts)
EvaAnna Wed 08-Jun-11 13:52:50

Hi everyone

Don't post very often - DD2 aged 4 (nearly 5) has severe eczema/allergies etc. We go to allergy clinic/dermatologist, have epipens etc.

At our last visit to the dermatologist I mentioned how tiring the wet wrapping/moisturising 4 times a day, steriod cream was. We use aveeno after a shower with emulsiderm, apply betnovate c to what we call her 'poorly bits', every morning - then when she gets home from school we have to fully cover in epaderm and again betnovate c and put suits on from head to toe, then again at bedtime.

She won't wear suits to school so this is a comprimise. Also school aren't allowed to apply any emollient whilst she is there.

Anyway, I'm rambling!! The dermatologist give us a sample of Emollin Emollient spray. What a difference to our lives this has made. After her shower in the morning, she stands in the middle of a big towel and we spray her from head to toe - no moaning, no complaining and dry in half the time. She takes a small can to school and sprays herself at break and lunch time.

I wouldn't say it was better than cream in its effectiveness. It's just soooo much less stressful !!! I would go as far as to say that she loves it !!

We now have it on repeat prescription from our GP and is great for reapplying throughout the day.

She still needs epaderm/wrapping at night but for daily treatments this has been a big help!

Just wanted to pass it on................

pinkorkid Wed 08-Jun-11 16:15:19

I agree, it is so much quicker than applying emollients by hand - especially useful for school mornings. Although as you say it doesn't last on the skin for very long so need to repeat more frequently. It's great that your dd will apply it herself at school as well.

greencybermummy Thu 09-Jun-11 14:06:20

Interesting stuff - thanks for sharing. This board is a mine of good information smile which cheers me up when I am feeling it's all getting a bit much for me grin

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Fri 17-Jun-11 11:01:00

Our fantastic paediatric dermatology sister gave us some of this to try - looks great. She said it's a great thing to put on before going swimming, as a barrier (not that DDs skin has been good enough to actually go swimming for aaaaaaages).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now