Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone link to a good dairy-free t-shirt?

(16 Posts)
allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 08:03:36

Ds is starting a new nursery in September. I want to find a nice 'dairy free' t-shirt to help his new teachers remember. Or maybe a hat (cap)? OR some stickers for his lunch box.

Have not found anything I like.

Can anyone recommend a site?

vintageteacups Wed 08-Jun-11 09:52:02

this one?

SparklyCloud Wed 08-Jun-11 10:20:53

this one?

allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 10:26:14

Thank you both. I should have been more specific.

We live outside UK and many of the nursery workers don't speak great English, so I need a simple picture sign.

Some crossed out dairy products would be ideal (the red circle crossed out sign thing).

And something cute and cartoony that ds will like would be a bonus.

littlelapin Wed 08-Jun-11 10:30:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thumbwitch Wed 08-Jun-11 10:30:45

this one?

thumbwitch Wed 08-Jun-11 10:32:16

ah, I believe littlelapin may have just pipped me to the post there.
there's this lot as well but they're less obvious. And still on LL's link too, no doubt.

littlelapin Wed 08-Jun-11 10:38:59

allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 10:43:26

Thank you again!

I am being very fussy, but I really appreciate the links.

I'm not keen on this one because the milk bottle is sad and we try and make ds's dairy free diet a positive thing. I do realise what a wanker I sound, but there it is.

I am not sure about this one because he is not allergic and I don't want people worrying about anaphylaxis or severe reactions. It is very important he doesn't have dairy, but it is not life threatening.

This is the best but it's a bit... abrupt. "I don't do dairy" "Talk to the hand grrrlfren' " - it's not something I would choose to put my 3yo in.

Oh dear. Maybe I'll just draw something and get it printed.

I'm being a bit pfb about this for some reason. I think I'm channelling my anxiety about him starting in a big new place. He's so little.

allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 10:44:57

Plus - Cafepress are jolly expensive. I need to love it to spend £18 on a t-shirt for my 3yo to splodge mud and bogies on.

vintageteacups Wed 08-Jun-11 10:46:05

Do you speak the language of the country you live in?

I think you'd be better off designing your own.

allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 10:47:36

At a slight tangent - wtf is with all the "I BREASTFEED MY BABY" t-shirts and baby vests? Seriously, people care enough to put it on a t-shirt? Where will it end?

"MY NANNY MAKES OUR RAVIOLI FROM SCRATCH"

"I GRIND MY OWN FLOUR"

"I WASH OUR CLOTHES ON BOULDERS IN THE RIVERBED"

thumbwitch Wed 08-Jun-11 10:49:41

you forgot "I weave my own yoghurt from recycled lentils" grin

Seriously, as I suggested on another thread, just get some fabric paint from a craft shop and draw your own. It's designed to withstand washing, you can even get 3D stuff.

littlelapin Wed 08-Jun-11 10:50:32

allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 10:58:18

grin

tinytalker Wed 08-Jun-11 12:33:17

Hey I might have just what you are looking for! Bright, bold and appealing for kids. I have t-shirts, stickers, badges, wristbands and bibs and lots more. I can post anywhere.
www.alwaysreadthelabel.info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now