Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood tests for allergic rhinititis

(4 Posts)
daisiedoo Fri 27-May-11 21:22:06

hi I was wondering if anyone can help me in understanding Ige test result, I have recently been tested for allergies ie, cat dander, dog dander, grass pollen etc, I rang my gp surgery today an was told by receptionist that my , levels were at 33-35, for all allergens i was tested for ,I'm unsure what these numbers mean, she said I would probably have to see the doctor as she was unsure herself, do these levels mean am allergic or not, any advice would be grateful thanks .

nottirednow Sat 28-May-11 06:28:08

Message withdrawn

daisiedoo Sat 28-May-11 08:31:28

Hi not tired now, thanks for your reply, would that mean there is antibodies present in my blood to have a reading in the 30s , and would they be classed as a positive result , I have looked on line an as you said test do varie for different tests, I've pasted this table below,
RAST rating IgE level (KU/L) comment
0 < 0.35 ABSENT OR UNDETECTABLE ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
1 0.35 - 0.69 LOW LEVEL OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
2 0.70 - 3.49 MODERATE LEVEL OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
3 3.50 - 17.49 HIGH LEVEL OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
4 17.50 - 49.99 VERY HIGH LEVEL OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
5 50.0 - 100.00 VERY HIGH LEVEL OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
6 > 100.00 EXTREMELY HIGH LEVEL OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
I'm not sure if I'd fall in the 0 or the 3 as there confusing.

nottirednow Sat 28-May-11 14:00:37

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: