Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Milk challenge failed:-(

(8 Posts)
trixymalixy Thu 30-Dec-10 17:47:37

DS failed his milk challenge today. A few people on different threads had wished him good luck so just thought I'd update if anyone is interested.

He got a lot further than we expected, to the second last syringe of milk, so had really got my hopes up that he might pass it.

Then suddenly went bright red, came out in major hives and threw up everywhere.

Still they are hopeful he might pass eventually as he got so far, and we have to try a bit of things with cooked milk in at home, so I live in hope!!

babybarrister Thu 30-Dec-10 20:16:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whelk Thu 30-Dec-10 21:26:47

What a shame Trixy. I'm so sorry to hear that.sad

trixymalixy Thu 30-Dec-10 21:28:12

He'll be 4 in January. It's a big step forward from reacting to someone kissing him after drinking a cup of tea an hour previously, so hopefully will keep on getting better!!

Whelk Thu 30-Dec-10 21:29:52

Well that is positive at least. And I guess you have more idea of what a reaction might be like?
Still rubbish though!
How did your ds cope with it all?

trixymalixy Thu 30-Dec-10 21:34:58

DS coped really well with it all actually, he was a very brave boy. They gave him his flu jab after it as well poor thing.

It was probably the worst reaction I had seen apart from the time his lips swelled after having humous. I'd never seem do many hives. It was reassuring that it was brought under control just with piriton although we have now got an epipen given his recent asthma attack.

trixymalixy Thu 30-Dec-10 21:35:32

I'd never seen so many hives!!

Whelk Thu 30-Dec-10 21:36:50

sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: